Ed.D. 1976 University of Southern California
M.S. 1973 University of Southern California
B.A. 1972 Seattle Pacific University
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & ACTIVITIES
President, Church Growth, Inc. 1989 - Present
Vice-President Research & Development, Church Growth,
Inc. 1976 - 1989
- Responsible for research, design, and development of
instructional material produced by Church Growth, Inc.
- Major resources designed and developed:
The Masters Plan for Making Disciples - video
Mobilizing Laity for Ministry - training
Growing in Love - video training
Let the Church Grow - mediated
Spiritual Gifts for Building the Body
- study course
A Shepherds Guide to Caring
& Keeping - media training kit
Celebration of Friendship - worship
Celebrating Gods Family - worship
Celebration of Service - worship
In His Steps - worship planning
- Responsible for research, design, development and presentation
of instructional seminars presented by Church Growth, Inc.
- "How to Diagnose & Renew Your Church"
- "Worship That Attracts the Unchurched"
- "25 Ways to Reach the Unchurched"
- "How to Assimilate New Members"
- "How to Mobilize Laity for Ministry"
- "How to Develop a Vision, Plan and Strategy for
- "How to Use the Computer in the Church"
- "How to Identify, Reach and Win New People"
- "How to Grow a Sunday School"
- "Basic Growth Seminar"
- "Lifestyle Evangelism"
- "Getting Ready for Company"
- "Your Sunday School Can Grow"
- "Mobilizing Laity for Ministry"
- Editor, Church Growth: America magazine 1976 - 1983
- Editor, The Growth Report 1983 - present
- Public speaking on church growth topics (to clergy from all
major church bodies) in U. S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Germany.
- Responsible for editing books by Church Growth, Inc.
for editing books by Church Growth, Inc.
- Attracting New Members (178 pages)
- The Pastors Church Growth Handbook Vol. I (210
- The Pastors Church Growth Handbook Vol. II (194
- Ten Steps for Church Growth (128 pages)
- How to Grow a Church (168 pages)
- The Church Growth Ratio Book (94 pages)
- The Missing Generation (176 pages)
One or more courses taught at the
following schools of higher education:
- Asbury Theological Seminary (Wilmore, KY)
- Azusa Pacific University (Azusa, CA)
- Fuller Theological Seminary (Pasadena, CA)
- Multnomah School of the Bible (Portland, OR)
- New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary (New Orleans, LA)
- Reformed Theological Seminary (Orlando, FL)
- Talbot Theological Seminary (La Mirada, CA)
- University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA)
- The Masters Plan for
Making Disciples (2nd ed.) Grand Rapids: Baker Books, 1998.
- How to Start a New Service Grand
Rapids: Baker Books, 1997
- Catch the Age Wave. Grand
Rapids: Baker Books, 1993
- Live Long & Love It!
Wheaton: Tyndale Publishing House, 1991.
- Who Cares About Love?
Pasadena: Church Growth Press, 1987.
- The Masters Plan for
Making Disciples (1st ed.) Pasadena: Church Growth Press, 1982.
- Growth for the Sunday School
Pasadena: Church Growth Press, 1980.
Chapters in other publications:
"A Change for the Better" in Coming
of Age Gracefully, Concordia, 1995.
"Retaining Converts" &
"Adult Activities" in Leadership Handbook of Practical Theology, Baker,
"Decision Making or Disciple
Making" in Church Growth State of the Art, Tyndale, 1986.
"Mobilizing Laity for Ministry"
in Church Growth State of the Art, Tyndale, 1986.
"Identifying Receptive People"
in The Pastors Growth Handbook Church Growth, 1984.
"A Different Perspective" in Successful
Writers and Editors Handbook, Tyndale, 1981.
Numerous articles published in denominational and
Listed in: Stathmores Whos Who of
Americas Leaders, 1998
International Whos Who of Professionals, 1998.
Whos Who of National Executives, 1998.